Car Accident Injury Relief
At Accident & Pain Relief of St. Louis, we specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of auto injuries--we didn't place the word accident in our clinic name for no reason! With over a decade of experience in treating car accident injuries, our team of St. Louis chiropractors, physical therapists, and acupuncturists can get you out of pain and back on the road to health.
The Biggest Mistake After a Car Accident Injury
Many patients make the mistake of not seeking medical attention soon after a car accident injury. On the scene of the crash, you're often too occupied with assessing vehicle damage and exchanging insurance information to think about the pain. But the next morning when the adrenaline subsides, you may begin to discover new aches and pains. Over the coming weeks, you may even notice additional symptoms develop as the injury progresses.
While neck and back soreness may seem minor at first, it may cause inflammation and diminished function in the spine and surrounding ligaments, which could lead to long-term problems, if left untreated. If you're experiencing any pain it's imperative to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Not only will this assist in your insurance or litigation case, it will also help to prevent the of development chronic symptoms. Studies suggest that 14-42% of patients with whiplash develop chronic pain.
What if There Was No Vehicle Damage?
Even if you were only involved in a minor collision, your auto injury can still cause significant pain and impact your daily life. Multiple medical studies have shown that the extent of vehicle damage is not an accurate predictor of the extent of injuries sustained in an auto accident. Even two passengers in the same vehicle can have different experiences -- one person may walk away relatively unscratched while another develops persistent pain. Your position in the vehicle, your posture, your age, and even your gender can all influence the nature and degree of your auto injury.
Chiropractic Care and Car Accident Injuries
Many musculoskeletal conditions associated with auto injuries can be healed without the use of surgery or drugs, through chiropractic care. Multiple medical studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of chiropractic care for a number of injuries associated with car accidents including:
- Whiplash and neck pain
- Shoulder injuries and pain
- Back pain
- Disc herniation
- Cervicogenic headache
- Spinal ligament injuries
- Facet joint injuries and pain
- Rotator cuff tears
After diagnosing your auto injury, our St. Louis chiropractors will develop an individualized treatment plan which could include chiropractic care, physical therapy, acupuncture, custom fitted orthotics, and postural analysis. They'll also coordinate with your primary care provider, physician, or other health providers for quality, coordinated care.
Our St. Louis chiropractors have helped thousands of patients recover from injuries after car accidents. Don't resign yourself to a life in pain. Contact Accident & Pain Relief of St. Louis at (314) 588-9100 for relief from auto injuries today.
- Balthazard P, et al. Manual therapy followed by specific active exercises versus a placebo followed by specific active exercises on the improvement of functional disability in patients with chronic non specific low back pain: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2012; 13: 162. doi:10.1186/1471-2474-13-162.
- Barnsley L, Lord S, Bogduk N. Whiplash Injury. Pain 1994; 58(3):283-307.
- Christensen KD, Buswell K. Chiropractic outcomes managing radiculopathy in a hospital setting: a retrospective review of 162 patients. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 2008; 7 (3): 115-25.
- Jull G, Trott P, Potter H, et al. A randomized controlled trail of exercise and manipulative therapy for cervicogenic headache. Spine 2002; 27(17):1835-1843.
- Lystad RP, Bell G, et al. Manual therapy with and without vestibular rehabilitation for cervicogenic dizziness: a systematic review. Chiropractic and Manual Therapies 2011;19(1):21. doi: 10.1186/2045-709X-19-21.