Chronic back pain can be a grueling burden. Luckily there are a few easy rules you can apply to your life that will help you live without pain. Consider some of the following tips from your St. Louis chiropractor to ease your back pain.
1. Eat a Healthy Diet: Eating a healthy diet can help alleviate problems with inflammation. Inflammation is one of the biggest reasons people suffer immune issues and chronic pain issues. To help reduce inflammation, eat lots of healthy fats like walnuts, flax seed, and avocado. You will also want to avoid excess sugar, caffeine, and processed foods.
2. Stay Active: To help ensure your back is healthy and pain free well into your golden years, you’ll want to make sure to stay active. Perhaps the gym isn’t for you, but what about hiking or yoga? There is likely some activity that will get you up and about for an hour or so a day that you’ll enjoy. Gardening, bicycling, swimming and others are all great ways of fitting in some exercise.
3. Wear Supportive Shoes: Women suffer from a disproportionate amount of back trouble simply in relation to their shoes. If you wear high heels to work every day your body will start to groan with aches and pains. On the other extreme, ballet flats do not offer enough arch support, so can be another cause of back pain. Try opting for high-quality supportive shoes without a huge heel.
4. Visit a Chiropractor: Seeing your St. Louis chiropractor is an excellent way to prevent and relieve back pain. They will examine your back and general health to give you an idea of what needs to be done to keep your body aligned properly.
5. Watch Your Posture: Something your mother used to tell you about not slouching, ring a bell? There is truth to maintaining good posture to keeping a pain-free back. Work on sitting up straight, with your hips and shoulders aligned properly for best relief. Our St. Louis chiropractors can perform a postural analysis to make sure the way you carry your body isn't contributing to pain.
If you're searching for lasting back pain relief, contact our chiropractors at Accident & Pain Relief of St. Louis today.